Monday, July 17, 2017

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #251

The "New To You" Theme Challenge #251 with Paper Craft Crew. This is my submission for this weeks challenge. This weeks challenge is to use a stamp set that is new to you. I can be a stamp set you have had for awhile but have never used.




I used SU Floral Statements. Well, I purchased this a few weeks ago and although I loved the concept and the idea when I received it I almost sent it back. I did not like it at all. When this challenge came up I thought of Floral Statements. I tried to stamp it out with SU Basic Black and I just could not get the letters to stamp out clearly and the A in thanks kept getting lost. So I walked away for a few days. Convinced I had made a bad purchase I tried one more time but this time I used the illustration from the annual Catalog page 164 as a jumping off point. Versafine black and SU Embossing Powder on Very Vanilla and I used the Melon Mambo & Old Olive Watercolor pencils. I made a frame with Mama Elephant's Park Avenue Dies and used 3M tape to raise the frame. The card base is SU Soft Suede. The background is MFT's Sheet Music.

I am pleased with this sample but I think next time I will use yellow for the rose to give a contrast against the black letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment